Many Americans have a skin care routine whether it’s washing your face before bed or applying moisturizer every morning. And while we all conduct these skin care routines with the best of intentions, we can sometimes suffer from skin care sabotage.
To help you keep your complexion clear and summer-ready, here are some of the most common skin care mistakes and how you can avoid them.
- Leaving your skin bare after cleansing. Many people will leave their skin bare after they’ve done their daily facial cleansing. But that’s a big problem. When you cleanse, you rid your face of its protective oils which leaves you vulnerable to skin dehydration. To avoid dry skin, apply moisturizer immediately after cleansing.
- Applying several products at a time. It makes sense to want your skin to be flawless as soon as possible. But you can’t expect to reach perfection overnight. In fact, applying multiple products to your skin at once can actually make you break out. Instead, apply one product at a time and wait for your skin to adapt.
- Using too many exfoliating products. An exfoliant can do wonders for your skin. But if you use too many too soon you can cause hyperpigmentation, flaking, inflammation, and dehydration. Stick to one exfoliant and only use it two to three times a week to avoid issues.
- Not wearing sunscreen. No matter your skin type, you need to apply sunscreen to protect your skin from UV rays and sunlight. Not only do UV rays and sunlight cause premature aging, but they can also put you at greater risk of skin cancer.
- Not using products that are meant for your skin type. If you’ve ever tried to pull off a Halloween costume that’s “one size fits all,” you know it doesn’t actually mean it’ll fit all sizes. The same is true for skin products. Look for products that are formulated for your skin’s unique needs.
Try a professional skin care routine
There’s a reason why professional facials are popular and it’s not just because it’s nice to be pampered once in a while. Up to 85% of people have had acne at some point in their lives, and those years can leave scars both physical and emotional.
Spa services can teach you how to properly take care of your skin whether you’re oily, dry, or prone to redness. For more information on professional facials like oxygen facial treatments, contact or book an appointment with Deep Muscle Therapy Center today.